- Dog Food Advisor - The best place I've found to decide what to feed your dog.
- PetMD - A solid resource for health-related questions.
- Cesar's Way - Again, sorry to everyone who hates Cesar Millan, but I've found his website is a great place to start for all sorts of issues.
- ASPCA Pet Care - A less-controversial place for behavior/training-related questions.
- How to Raise the Perfect Dog, by Cesar Millan - I know. Some of you still hate Cesar. But his guidance on boundaries and rituals helped me build a really wonderful foundation with Chance. Go complain about Cesar on your own blog.
- The Total Dog Manual (Adopt-a-pet.com), by David Meyer, Abbie Moore, and Dr. Pia Salk - This just came out recently--really wish it had been around when I got Chance! A great introduction to a lot of important dog concepts: What's an appropriate apartment dog? What does it mean, exactly, when a dog wags his tail like that? How do I teach my dog to sit? It doesn't go into a lot of depth but it's a super-helpful first look.
Organizations & Services
- Health Insurance: Healthy Paws (nationwide)
- Training/Boarding/Dayplay: Matt Beisner, THE ZEN DOG (Los Angeles, CA)
- Boarding/Dayplay: West Pack BNB (Van Nuys, CA)
- Dog Rescue: Elina Kaufman, Forever Fido Rescue (Los Angeles, CA)
- Veterinarian: Dr. Alan Schulman, Animal Medical Center of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
- Rehabilitation: Dr. Lori Polkowski, California Animal Rehabilitation - C.A.R.E. (Los Angeles, CA)
Sometimes I receive a referral bonus or commission when you purchase products or services I've recommended on the site. However, I only recommend things I've used, loved, and want everyone to know about.